At the
Pennsylvania State University, I am working toward completing a duel major in
Art History and French language, with a minor in Italian language. I am also a
member of the Undergraduate Art History Association (UAHA), which is a group
that promotes visual art, plans events and museum tours, investigates careers in the museum profession, and attempts to establish dialogue between
the many facets of the visual art programs here on campus. I plan to graduate
in the spring of 2015, and will pursue a Masters of Arts degree in Art History.
Ultimately, I strive to procure a job as a curator at a major art museum or
gallery.
During my
college career, I have been able to meld my love of the liberal arts with my
rhetorical experiences via essays, blogs, and the occasional speech.
Furthermore, as a creator and consumer of rhetoric (in multiple languages no
less), the constant exposure to public discourse is integral to my career
goals. To curate an exhibit is a means of expression; it embodies storytelling,
design, and acute analysis. As
museum exhibitions intend to be consumed by the public, it is necessary for me
to understand completely the interworking of visual and written rhetoric.
This website features a collection of some of my favorite
pieces of writing from this year. Under the guidance of some very meticulous
and demanding professors, I have grown immensely as a writer and as a student
at this university. I have diversified my writing skills, from formal
analytical essays to a comical blog that narrates my experiences as a part-time
waitress. So it is on that note that I welcome you to explore the content of my
portfolio.

No comments:
Post a Comment